We have decided to schedule the IVF procedure for the end of February or early March. I have scheduled a new sonohysterogram at the VA in January. University of Utah will put us into a pricing tier based on the results of that. I talked to a nurse at the U of U and they have put in the prescription requests with the VA. I should know in the next few weeks if I will have any out of pocket expenses for them. We will plan on saving for the 60% guaranteed live birth option. This is where you get one fresh cycle and two frozen egg cycles for a chance at a live birth. If it does not work out, they will refund 60% of the total costs. They have an 80% and 100% option as well, but the cost goes up a lot. With the IVF with ICSI, we know that we get a fertilized egg injected, but there is still the chance of miscarriage.
Our chili fundraiser was put on hold this month to give us a little more time. Hopefully the weather will hold out in the next month or two to allow us to plan an outdoor event.
December was another good month for craft sales. I will continue to use January sales towards the cost of the procedure, and potentially February too.
This is really getting real! We may have a baby by the end of next year. Normally I would not plan on having a baby at Christmastime, but beggars cannot be choosers, right?!
Here is where we are at so far:
Etsy Sales $426.95
Other Craft Sales $283
Facebook Yard Sale Group- $36
GoFundMe Donations- $40
Offline Donations- $270
Thank you again to everyone who has supported our fundraiser!